Considering the prospect traffic and likely changes in future vessel size and economics of trade, JNPT has planed a range of development projects, which are at different phases. It is predictable that by the year 2013-14, Port will be handling total cargo of about 77.0 million tons yearly. Infrastructures expansion projects that are planned by the Port are as under.
- Redevelopment of Mass Terminal into Container Terminal.
- Extension of Container berth and various facilities at JNP.
- Deepening & widening of major harbor channel and JN Port channel.
- Development of Port’s road connectivity.
- Upgrading of Port’s rail connectivity .
- Expansion of Internal Port roads.
- Development of dedicated projects rail line from Port to Delhi.
- Expansion of 4thTerminal including container Terminal and Marine Chemical Terminal.
- Upgrading / strengthening of roads outside JNPT area where CFS and empty container yards are located.
- Improvement of Back up facilities.
- Deployment of added machineries, equipments and port crafts.
Get the JNPT Export Data, JNPT Import Data and Free samples at www.cybex.in